Wrongful Death We Help Good People in Bad Situations

Kitsap County Wrongful Death Lawyers

Providing Compassionate Legal Representation in Port Orchard and the Surrounding Areas

Losing a loved one can be difficult. When their death was unexpected and caused because of another person's negligence or reckless actions, the experience can be even more devastating. In a case where someone else was at fault for your loved one's death, you may be able to pursue legal action against the liable party to recover compensation for losses and expenses you sustained. Although no amount of money can ease your suffering, it can help relieve some of the financial burdens that resulted.

At Glisson & Morris, we provide compassionate and skilled legal guidance for wrongful death claims. You'll likely have a lot to take care of on your own and will be focusing on the wellbeing of you and your family. Our Kitsap County wrongful death attorneys, with over 45 years of experience between them, will be committed to taking on all the legal matters necessary to successfully file your claim. We will work tirelessly while reviewing your case and developing a compelling legal strategy on your behalf.

For caring and supportive legal representation, call our firm at (360) 526-8191 or contact us online today - free consultation.

What Is a Wrongful Death Claim?

In Washington, if a person lost their life because of another individual's carelessness, their surviving family may take legal action. The liable party could be held financially responsible for economic and non-economic damages that resulted from their negligent actions.

Because there is a statute of limitations (or deadline) as to when a wrongful death claim can be filed, you have only a certain amount of time to pursue the matter. If you fail to do so, your case could be dismissed. Our Kitsap County lawyers will help ensure all paperwork is timely submitted.



Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?

Although many people can be affected by the death of a loved one, only certain individuals can take action.

In Washington, the following surviving family members can make a wrongful death claim:

  • Spouse
  • State registered domestic partner
  • Children
  • Stepchildren

In cases where the deceased was not married and did not have children, the wrongful death claim could be filed on behalf of their parents or siblings.

Continue Reading Read Less

Contact Glisson & Morris Today!

We’re Ready to Help

A member of our team will be in touch shortly to confirm your contact details or address questions you may have.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy

Why Hire Us?

Experience. Compassion. Results.
  • Affordable
    We offer free & confidential consultations.
  • Representation
    We deliver high-quality representation regardless of the legal matter.
  • Unmatched Experience

    Our attorneys each have over 20 years of experience.

  • Honest Communication
    We walk you through the process with complete transparency.
  • Availability
    Our attorneys are responsive no matter the question or concern.
  • Connected
    Our attorneys know the judges and opposing counsel.